Dear you whom i met in the tram on my way back home,
First of all, i have to say that you look quite sweet and innocent. my rantings below are just my woes to the posts that you made on PPI-A mailing list :p (and anyway, people are already moving on to a more fulfilling and worthwile subjects/discussions.)
quote: "I'm quite disappointed in those who think the steering-committee (or any person, for that matter) of IMD-SKM are the ones who should make you interested in IMD-SKM and be motivated to change the country which you have been fleeing of since you all probably thought another country would give you better chances." -> little miss, you don't know anything about us.
1. interested in IMD-SKM - we didn't even know what that is. you said its been there for 2 years. but yeah, so what if they never really communicate anything significant (for us -undergraduates at least)? and as your motto is "don't believe in anything, question everything", you should understand that as beings with a brain (which are insyaAllah on the right place), we have the right to question EVERYTHING that comes our way. and again, not until last week do we really feel intrigued by this presence of IMD-SKM. Additionaly, us being Indonesian (those who are born and raised there)are very familiar with these TALKS or DISCUSSIONS with the promise of making a better future, but have no result. call me pessimistic but if ANY movement does not have a 'clear' introduction, and have 'clear' message what can we -undergrad students, mostly- can do. can we be ensured that when we got there we can actually contribute something n not just another 'kambing congek' coz almost probably those who are attending the event are mostly far-more-experienced grad students?
2. Quoting again, "which we have been fleeing", does this include your current boyfriend?
3. "I've never put anything in the persons personal situation publicly, never criticised the personal situation and never tried to, because then you start to get personal." -> uh huh, and stating that we are just ppl who have been fleeing from our own country (without checking if its true or not).. is not personal? i see...
4. "There are a lot who agree, but there only are a few who try to attack me 'back'." uh huh.. a lot? I SEE..(or can't?)
5. "I'm only criticizing those who just complain all the time" --> who's complaining? you're the only one who complaint all the time. and i suppose this is our (as in PPI-A) first time that we had 'personal and massive' discussion. since when 'once' become 'always'? you are NEW in this mailing-list. again, we were just 'asking questions'.. that's our right.
Anyho .. seeing this on a good way, your "personal comments" had triggered a lot of positive and quality discussions. here's a toast to you, mam. i sincerely hope that they can enrich your intellect (to your future health and education project in Indo) as well as they did to mine.
oh, and i totally disagree to your stupid analogy. the "watching footbal is like seeing a group of fundamentalist moslem and fundamentalist jew together." d-uh.. how come?? When they call oneselves 'fundamentalist', they should practice religion in a very fundamentalistic way - meaning, religious ppl are supposed to be peaceful. coz islam (and im sure jew) doesnt even teach about attacking other ppl's believes. pls dont use the word "fundamentalist" wrongly.. there's a lot who've done that already.